Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Last day of 43 days

Weight:  241.2

A 20 lb. loss in all.  Not too shabby.  So now I need to stay on the 500 calories for another 3 days without any hcg drops and then I can begin to add some carbs in.  I haven't done my reading on that part of the program, but that's what I remember.

Lots of really stressful things going on and being a mental eater has tripped me up in the past week, but not so bad after all. 

Ok, so I read a little and it says that after the 3 days of no drops, I can eat anything I want in moderation with the exception of sugar and starches for 3 weeks.  This is called the stabilization phase.  So what does that leave?  I'm thinking I will still be eating the same way, just more of it.  I will still be weighing every morning and if I gain over 2 lbs. then I do a "steak day".  No food during the day then in the evening eat a large steak and a tomato or an apple.  Spices, no salt.  

After 3 weeks, I move into the Maintenance phase for another 3 weeks.  I can gradually add starches and carbs.  On June 8th I can begin another phase by doing the two "loading" days.  

During these past 43 days I have eaten chocolate, toast one morning, some kind of spiced up rice chips that were really good, and more chocolate.  This would be why I have not lost 30 lbs. but I am very happy with 20 lbs.  So mental eaters can do this diet.  


We'll see how it goes now.  I have hopes that I will be able to deal with all the stress of finding an internship and then a job.  Oh my god.  One thing at a time.  


I wore my "free the endorphins" pin yesterday.  It's my mantra.


I will continue to journal. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Suzanne. Be sure to take a moment to really savor your accomplishment. I know things are scary and tough right now -- but look at everything you have done -- the world is your oyster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oysters, yum! but you're right and I do tend to not congratulate myself. I know this is a family-wide trait. Needs to be stamped out.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete