Weight: 250
I have gained 10 lbs. back of the 20 lost. *sigh*. I do keep trudging onward though. Flogging a dead horse? Maybe. I'll have a look at the calendar and decide whether or not I want another round. I was not committed to this last round, hence the weight gain. I am who I am. No job yet. I did send off a resume and cover letter last week. I called this morning and the receptionist said they had started interviewing today. I will send an email next and call again on Monday. I have no idea how these things usually go, but I will be rather persistent until someone tells me the position is filled. There is a meeting of the state organization of legal assistants at the end of this month and I hope to socialize with the other members and maybe get a foot in the door so that one of the employed will let me know when a job is coming open.
On the up side, I am relearning to enjoy the wonderful moments. I had lost my happy thoughts for so long and I feel I may be regaining those little gems a little at a time. I had some hours alone the other night so I sat down and played the piano and sang which I have not done in such a long, long time. I believe I can enjoy moments only when I let go of guilt that I am not working at something. Sounds silly when I type it out, but it is a basic truth.
So. Onward. I will look at my calendar and see it enough time has passed and decide whether or not I am ready or willing to commit to another round!
I think you should have waited to commit until we partied for your birthday weekend.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're finding happy moments. Mine seem to be few and far between. Sick to death of feeding a hired man, spending time with people under the age of 10 and preserving food (enough for several apocalypses according to one of my former students).