Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just how does that work, anyway?

I wrenched my knee today and my family is just ignoring me.  I still did the dishes, still did the housework, still walked up to the compost pile, still did the preparations for tomorrow.  My husband comes in from a day of work, he's worked hard as usual, and he gets a back rub, all kinds of massages.  How does that work?  Is this just visible proof of how little women are thought of, even by women?
I don't want to to anywhere tomorrow and put a happy face on, act like there is no pain.  Why do we reward those who hit their heads against the wall without a yelp?  Maybe I'm just a whiner.  I don't know.  I would like to stay home by myself tomorrow, without having to think of anyone else ALL DAY LONG.  Hells yeah.
Plus they're all enjoying salmon that I tended all the damn day. Is there a thank you?  I think my sister and I need to take a very long vacation.  Like a year.  If only we had the money. 
I don't want to have to think about anyone else but myself.  Honestly, I am just numb.  I just do what needs to be done every day.  I don't get joyful about anything anymore.  I just wake up in the morning and right off the bat put this facade on.  I'm not there.  I don't  live in this house anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, you and me both my darlin'. And we could just stop doing all this shit for people, but if we want to eat, have nice homes, be comfortable, we have to do it anyway. That's why they take us for granted. We do this crap we would do anyway, and they are the beneficiaries.

    ReplyDelete