Monday, April 2, 2012

Chronic Anger

I realized today that I have this anger that constantly runs in the background.  I have a very tight rein so it doesn't come fully to the surface very often, but it's there. 
Today I was cooking fried potatoes for my husband and I had planned on putting some pastrami in the mix.  When I asked him if he could have pastrami, he answered the way he has for years, "I can have anything I want". Come to find out, even though he knew what I was asking, the correct question was, well, now I can't remember what the hell question was correct.  Why not just answer the damned question? Because he wants to be as accurate and honest as possible.  About potatoes and pastrami?!! 
So what really made me so angry about this?  I mean, it's just a bunch of potatoes.  Just laugh it off, right?  Now my anger is so close to the surface that when he speaks about anything, just opens his mouth, and I'm angry.   I think I need to see a therapist to figure out how to let this anger out and release it.  I type these words and my throat gets tight.  Chakra people would say that I feel I am not being heard.
I fantasize about days and days to myself, with no one wanting my attention or help.  I need an attitude adjustment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment