Weight: 261.2
Woke up this morning without hunger, feeling well-rested. Surprisingly there was no gain yesterday and I hope that is not a bad thing. Today was the first day out 43 of the 500 calorie a day diet.
I had tea for breakfast (unsweetened tea and coffee only are allowed) and found that the temptation to eat was out of habit not hunger. The habit of eating continued to plague me throughout the day.
I had an apple for a snack at around 10 a.m.. For lunch I had 3.5 oz. (or100g) of grilled chicken with garlic salt and pepper and 3 cups of steamed asparagus. 3 whole cups of asparagus was a little overwhelming, but lunch on the whole was fulfilling. I also had one melba toast with lunch.
I developed a slight headache toward evening which I have been forewarned of. I had a diet pepsi and my other apple allowance around 3 p.m..
Out of convenience, for supper I repeated what I had eaten for lunch. I will not be having asparagus tomorrow! I have a recipe book that my naturopath kindly provided and will take the time to prepare ahead of time tomorrow.
It is important to understand the purpose of the hcg drops. While I am taking hcg, my body utilizes the abnormal fat stores for fuel. It is theorized that the hypothalmus glad is reset at the end of the protocol (in my case 43 days) improving the metabolism, and regulating the endocrine systems more efficiently. If a person went to this few calories without the drops their bodies would consume the fat that is needed such as the fat between muscles and organs. This would lead to a weak, tired feeling that we all recognize. For more information read "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, the doctor who developed this protocol.
I also have to weigh every morning to make sure I am still losing weight. If I hit a plateau I will know and can adjust my diet a little.
At any rate, I feel really good this evening. I can do this tomorrow. I'm taking this one day at a time. Hope to see a weight loss tomorrow morning!
I am thinking of all the families of the missing and dead in Japan this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment