Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 8, 9, and 10

Day 8 weight:  251.8

Gain of .7 lb.  I realized, after racking my brain trying to figure out where I had messed up, I had thoughtlessly taken my lotion out of my backpack and moisturized my dry hands. I had read about this happening and given it no more thought.  At home I use coconut cream because it has no nutritional value.  We are taken completely off of lotions and potions when we begin the weight loss portion.  I use this cream on all of my body, even my face.  I've been noticing that my forehead has been feeling dry lately though.  Strange that lotion would cause a weight gain.

Day 9 weight:  250.8

On this day I broke down and bought two squares of 70% cocoa dark chocolate and sucked very joyously on them.  Wonderfully intense flavor.  Crazy-busy days at school but I managed to eat my foods.  I haven't been creative with the vegetables and still have a problem getting them all in during the day.  Broccoli again today.  I will definitely experiment with the vinaigrette recipes. I am delighted to discover there are also some marinades included!  I have been using Herbamare sprinkled on the chicken with the fresh basil leaves.  Very good but a marinade will be a welcome change.  I love my apples now.

Day 10 weight:  249.2

12 lb. total loss in 7 days.  I guess the two squares of dark chocolate didn't cause a weight gain.  Hurrah!  Today we went to town and played which meant eating in a restaurant.  I ate the small regular salad with grilled chicken, sliced tomato, and sliced cucumber.  I got the honey red wine vinegar dressing.  A heavily-buttered slice of Irish soda bread came with it.  I adore this bread and I resisted, unhappily.  I had this salad twice today.  We'll see what the weight is tomorrow morning.  On top of this I went out the door without my hcg drops!  I took my drops this morning and took them again this evening when we drove in.  I also just ate another dark chocolate square.  A day of experiments. ( or breakdown). Tomorrow will tell.

2 comments:

  1. as my friend Carolyn used to say -- you only fail if you don't begin again. the whole thing is an experiment, isn't it? and seems to me you're doing phenomenally well. i can see how it would get freaky to step on the scale every day and not see a loss. but you can't lose every day, right? and you made up for it the next day, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Begin, begin, and begin again. I've decided to step back from being so invested in the outcome. You're right. This is an experiment and all is well, however it goes, but my desire is to take it just moment to moment. Treat it "de novo" each time.

    ReplyDelete