Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 4

Weight:  257.8

A loss of 3.4 lbs.!  Wow.  That makes me feel better.
I am discovering, or willing to admit now, that I spent a lot of time eating out of boredom, anger, happiness, depression--all emotional.  This is very hard to deal with. 
So I am dealing with depression this afternoon because I am being haunted by old eating habits.  On top of this, I made a vegetable dish this morning which is too strong-tasting for me just plain on the side.  My husband says it's great with chips.  Shit.  
It's 4:35 p.m. and in order to get through my emotions I am having a diet dr. pepper and an apple.  I realize that diet sodas have the BAD aspartame so when my husband walked by and commented on the soda he said that I must not care about aspartame.  Of course I care about aspartame, but I care more about not eating.  
I have had 1/2 gallon of water so far.  It's much easier to keep track of when I drink out of a quart jar.  I have started peeing every 45 minutes or so.  I have also noticed that my feet and ankles are no longer as swollen and this is encouraging.  My headache is also gone.  
So here is the list of vegetables I can have: 
broccoli
spinach
salad greens (no dressing so what's the point?)
celery
onions
red radishes
cucumbers 
asparagus
cabbage
tomatoes
chard 
chicory
beet greens

Guess I'd better get creative. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could find some Indian recipes for those veggies. Or modify some to fit your plan. And here's hoping that perhaps you will achieve enough clarity to finally kick the shit out of your DH. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not that creative, but if you have any recipes in mind, do tell.
    I believe I am achieving that clarity!

    ReplyDelete