Monday, March 28, 2011

Days 16, 17, and 18

Weight:  yo-yo-ing between 248.2 and 248.1.

I have lost my focus and the endless grilled chicken is beginning to get me down.  My lovely sister has suggested thinking about the up-side.  Things like skinnier fingers, no wheezing when I'm just walking, clothes being a little looser.  I should also take photos.  I see a difference, but I have forgotten how much of a difference there is.  
I went clothes shopping today to find another pair of pants for an impending trip (I only have one pair).  Have the clothing sizes changed?  Depressingly I am still in size 24 which none of the available stores seem to carry anymore.  Guess I'll just sponge the dirt off my one pair and launder them when I can.  Shit.
This is my point though; I have slipped off the gung-ho edge somewhere along the line.  Tonight I celebrated our wedding anniversary by eating a greek gyro.  I'm living in guilty horror at the thought of weighing in the morning.  This is not the way to move forward.  
I have decided to take my dear sister's advice: look at the good things that are happening. 
Focus on the good.  My new mantra.  

2 comments:

  1. you can do it. you looked marvelous the other day. i'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks dear for the encouragement. maybe we can plan for a Spokane trip when you're on your way to see your lovely daughter et. al. That is if it's affordable for both of us.

    ReplyDelete